Saturday, May 4, 2013

Toshiba Tecra R840-12F 14 inch Laptop - Black (Core i7-2620M, 2.70/3.40GHz, RAM 6GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-SuperMulti, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit) Promo Offer


Toshiba Tecra R840-12F 14 inch Laptop - Black (Core i7-2620M, 2.70/3.40GHz, RAM 6GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-SuperMulti, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit) Product Description




Description: Laptops


Features:

  • Processor clock speed: 2700 MHz
  • Processor family: -2620M
  • Processor front side bus: 1333 MHz
  • Total storage capacity: 500 GB
  • Hard disk interface: Serial ATA




List Price: £1,374.91







Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars

Product Review: The best
I had a very specific list of requirements and only this machine met them.
I needed a pcmcia expansion port (which doesn't seem to be specced on many machines at the moment).
I needed an Intel Core i7 processor
I needed a VGA out port
and a large HDD.

I was apprehensive about the onboard Intel graphics processor. But I have been blown away by its performance when edditing HD video and multi-tasking in photo editing.

Looking at the Windows Experience Index was impressive too:
Processor 7.1/7.9
RAM 7.5/7.9
graphics 4.9/7.9
gaming graphics 6.3/7.9
HDD 5.9/7.9

I have configured my machine to dual boot with Windows 7(64bit) and Windows XP. The Toshiba website made installing all the relevant drivers in XP a breeze.

The only criticism I have is the audio quality which distorts at very low volume. But when paired with some external speakers the laptop performs well.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Products List

Powered by Blogger.